How to install Google Chrome 5.0 Stable on Linux Mint 9.0 Isadora
Basically its the same way to install Google Chrome on Ubuntu and Linux Mint since both distros are Debian based Linux. But for Linux newbie, I think this post is useful so I want to share how to install Google Chrome 5.0 Stable on Linux Mint 9.0 Isadora. But before you continue, if you were install the Google Chrome Beta, you must uninstall it first before installing this Stable version. You can simply paste this command below to uninstall the Beta version:
sudo apt-get remove google-chrome-beta
Here are the steps of installing Google Chrome 5.0 Stable on Linux Mint:
- First, download the latest Google Chrome binary file from here.
- Then you will get a file named: google-chrome-stable_current_i386.deb3.
- You can either right click on it and select Open with Gdebi Package Installer or type the following command on terminal to install this file sudo dpkg -i google-chrome-stable_current_i386.deb
- Then the installation process will take place.
- You can run this Google Chrome via Menu | Internet | Google Chrome
This Google Chrome 5.0 stable is light, fast and flash support enabled. So its a complete browser for Linux. Honestly, Google Chrome 5.0 Stable is much faster than current Firefox 3.6.3. Try this on Linux.